17 May 2011

Things begin anew

I’ve started a new blog, because the old one had lost its purpose – its underlying purpose was always to vent about, inform friends about and celebrate the purchase and construction of my first home. Since settlement, that purpose is gone.

However, the blog was about 50 per cent house related and 50 per cent other things that I felt like sharing with the world. This last 50 per cent has been swirling around my head since we settled on the townhouse and this is my place to channel it into a new outlet.

Why the name? Well it was originally going to be ‘bleep bleep’, after listening to the Ratatat track ‘Mirando’ on the bus one morning (which, incidentally, has a sweet video clip which I’ve embedded below), but it turns out that name was taken.


So after some further thought and discussion with workmates (who seemed rather keen on an amalgamation of public service canon and my current war on mice - ‘frank and fearless admice’), I lifted this name from one of my favourite scenes in Spaceballs. Michael Winslow is a genius.


Thank you to Clare and Kat for your artistic guidance. I’m sorry my final option had nothing to do with anything either of you suggested.

The URL is, of course, a reference to a Monty Python sketch from the Meaning of Life, which always makes me think of my Uncle (who was a hospital administrator).


I look forward to sharing all the things that I like to share with the internet. Expect posts on:
  • Music that I’m currently listening to;
  • The war on mice;
  • Gardening;
  • Netball; and
  • Random stuff from the internet.
I’m looking forward to it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment