29 May 2011

Death to all butt metal? (or some music that I heard over the weekend)

Gem is killing it tonight - back to back episodes of 'As Time Goes By' followed by 'Gran Torino'!

Anyway, I heard this track on the radio yesterday and was very amused by it. It's pretty much the lyric 'I'm like Tom Cruise off of Top Gun' over and over again. Surprisingly it doesn't get old as quickly as you might think. 


The video clip made it even better.

Next track I heard in the small hours of the morning on Rage. Art vs Science was guest programming, and I pretty much dug every track they played (playlist here). Anyway, one clip made me laugh my arse off - 'Death to all but metal' by Steel Panther.


The Bomfunk MCs also made an appearance, with a track that was superfly when it came out, but now looks pretty dated. I still dig it.


I took a strategic nap at one point and then woke up to Pink Floyd - Echoes Part 1 (Live at Pompeii). It was an amazing way to wake up, and the perfect track for both the time of the morning. An excellent way to end the night.


Epic.

Now I'm going to finish watching Gran Torino and iron some shirts. Hardcore!

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahha... 'death to Madonna too, then f&^k her in the bum' - best lyrics ever!

    ReplyDelete